ECM – Associate
- Handle all coverage and/or execution related matters independently
- Work with senior bankers and other departments and branches in identifying potential clients and transactions and in winning new mandates
- During pitching, to lead junior ECM bankers to provide input where ECM department is responsible such as ECM market updates, valuation pages for potential issuer, roadshow materials, potential investor interest, profiles, suggested pre-marketing and roadshow schedules
- During mandated transaction, to ensure that the necessary documentation and processes are in place for the Chinese Walls between Corporate Finance, Sales and Research. Once the Chinese Walls are in place, to ensure that sales and research have the necessary information on the company as well as kept up-to-date on the timetable so that sales and research can execute their jobs effectively such as the provision of the Sales Memo, research timetable, appropriate materials for research to write, co-ordination of site visits for potential investors, coordinating the meetings between potential investors and issuers’ management.
- During a live bookbuilding transaction, to be a strong communication bridge to Sales by giving sales updates on the book color, peer comparable valuation thereby helping to build demand momentum
- During bookbuilding, to help the syndicate desk in building a strong case with the issuers to ensure good allocation for our Sales’ clients. Hence the ability to deal with the senior management of issuers is important.
- Ability to communicate well with third parties such as issuers, other syndicate banks and brokerages