Client Relationship Manager – China Institutional Clients
On behalf of a leading international investment management firm holding assets on behalf of clients amounting to USD 1.2 trillion, we are seeking a strong relationship manager.
The Institutional Client Relations team is responsible for client relationship management for institutional business. The team proactively builds relationship with PRC institutional clients based in Hong Kong. The team partners with institutional sales, portfolio management teams and other key stakeholders. This position serves as the primary internal contact for key institutional accounts to develop a deep understanding of our client’s priorities and work with internal teams to meet those needs.
- Proactively build understanding of the assigned clients organizational structure and investment priorities; including thorough understanding of the assigned clients reporting, regulatory requirements, and guidelines servicing requirements.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with institutional sales, portfolio management and key stakeholders;
- Continuously evaluating client needs, designing an organizational approach to relationship management and providing value added services;
- Coordinate client requests promptly and accurately; facilitate dialogue between client and internal teams regarding IMA/IG changes, investment review and presentation, reporting etc;
- Assist AML documentation during new account onboarding and subsequent refresh as required by Compliance/AML team;
- Hold performance reviews with clients independently and drive solution to address issues/concerns;
- Actively measure and monitor success of client accounts: investment and service level execution;
- Lead or assist with regular CR or ad hoc projects as assigned and be responsible for the quality and satisfaction of the project;
- Work closely with the Head to streamline existing procedures and contribute ideas for operational enhancement;
- Actively measure and monitor success and consistently seek ways to better service clients and improve internal coordination;
- Organize and prioritize time and resource to meet goals and expectations;
- Maintain a harmonious and upbeat team spirit.
- University degree specializing in Economics, Business or Finance;
- Solid 7+ years (4 years for Assistant Manager) Institutional Client Relations working experience within the financial services industry, preferably in asset management sector;
- Processes of good understanding of institutional asset management industry, regulation and needs of institutional clients;
- Solid knowledge of different investment assets, product capabilities, operations and services;
- Fluency in written and oral communication in English, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese (native preferable).
- SFC License for RA 1 (Dealing in Securities);
- Chartered Financial Analyst or Chartered Accountant is a distinct advantage.